Another Conference gone by....


I always love this time of year -- General Conference weekend! And, in particular, October Conference. I never fail to remember Conference weekend October 1990 when my mom and dad came to visit and to meet the new boy in my life! That "new boy" shortly became my "new hubby!" But, I will always remember the hike we took together, just the 4 of us, through the beautiful autumn painted mountains!

This weekend, instead of a walk through the leaves, I had a walk through the blankets! My little boys decided to make a large bed of blankets and pillows in front of the tv -- and they camped there for the weekend!

It was, as usual, an inspiring and uplifting weekend. I have my personal favorites (however this list always grows tremendously as I have a chance to read them once published!). I was really inspired by Elder Eyrings talk on recording daily, the touch of our Heavenly Father's hand in our lives. And, secondly, Elder Wirthlin's message -- I have to be honest and say that I missed the meaning of his message because I was so concerned about his shaking. I felt better once Elder Nelson stood behind him! We were all so touched at the power and determination with which he spoke. He never faltered, but delivered the message so powerfully! I have always enjoyed his talks so much, once I have the chance to study them later -- and I am so looking forward to this message -- the delivery of which, I will never forget!

Comments