Recently, to the faculty of the Church Educational System, President Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve declared that time is already upon us.
“The world is spiraling downward at an ever-quickening pace,” said President Packer, “I am sorry to tell you that it will not get better.” He then declared: “I know of nothing in the history of the Church or in the history of the world to compare with our present circumstances. Nothing happened in Sodom and Gomorrah which exceeds in wickedness and depravity that surrounds us now . . . . At Sodom and Gomorrah these things were localized. Now they are spread across the world, and they are among us.
(Boyd K. Packer, “The One Pure Defense,” Address to CES Religious Educators, 6 February 2004, Salt Lake Tabernacle (2004 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc.)
“The world is spiraling downward at an ever-quickening pace,” said President Packer, “I am sorry to tell you that it will not get better.” He then declared: “I know of nothing in the history of the Church or in the history of the world to compare with our present circumstances. Nothing happened in Sodom and Gomorrah which exceeds in wickedness and depravity that surrounds us now . . . . At Sodom and Gomorrah these things were localized. Now they are spread across the world, and they are among us.
(Boyd K. Packer, “The One Pure Defense,” Address to CES Religious Educators, 6 February 2004, Salt Lake Tabernacle (2004 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc.)
Comments