Family Devotional - Covenants- Mosiah 18:7-10

We asked the children what covenants they had made -- and then read the scripture to fill in the gaps -- they actually did really well. But we talked about what it means to mourn with others -- and comfort others -- and to be like Jesus.

We talked about how it isn't enough to "not be mean" but we must "be nice" . I told the story of the girl I went to High School with that everyone called "Moose". She was taller and bigger than the rest of us, and had a very large nose. The only friend I am aware of that she had was her older sister who wasn't any prettier. Kids were so cruel. Several years ago, my thoughts were drawn back to that day -- and I felt deep regret that even though I wasn't mean -- and likely was kind when faced with a confrontation -- I don't recall ever going out of my way to 'be kind'. I truly regret not helping her through what must have been terribly, lonely and sad years.

I then told the story that I read earlier that day...

I want to begin to give the kids little transparent stickers that they can put in their scriptures to mark things -- when I get these done I will post the picture.

Comments