PreparationI guess I’ve spent a lot of time lately
Watching for you.
I know that if and when you come along,
You’ll be the tall, dynamic type
Whose priesthood draws worthy friends to you
And makes ambition clear
And testimony strong.
A man who will protect and comfort me as a woman
But still not stifle my groping and desires as a thinking
(And somewhat independent) individual.
Watching for you.
I know that if and when you come along,
You’ll be the tall, dynamic type
Whose priesthood draws worthy friends to you
And makes ambition clear
And testimony strong.
A man who will protect and comfort me as a woman
But still not stifle my groping and desires as a thinking
(And somewhat independent) individual.
But, just now, I realized
That in watching for you
I have somewhat neglected the possibility
That you, from some obscure distance
Are watching for me, too.
That in watching for you
I have somewhat neglected the possibility
That you, from some obscure distance
Are watching for me, too.
I wonder with no small degree of uneasiness-
Have I come into your sight at an off-hand moment,
Not being all you thought I’d be?
Have I come into your sight at an off-hand moment,
Not being all you thought I’d be?
I know that as you watch
You’ll be expecting a patient and desirable woman,
Capable and eager to raise your children;
Someone to love you when the rest of the world doesn’t
To smile when hope cannot be found.
To support you as you make your way to the top,
And I know you’ll want me to listen
To your dreams and plans
For our eternal future.
You’ll be expecting a patient and desirable woman,
Capable and eager to raise your children;
Someone to love you when the rest of the world doesn’t
To smile when hope cannot be found.
To support you as you make your way to the top,
And I know you’ll want me to listen
To your dreams and plans
For our eternal future.
Oh, how I want to be the woman
You’re watching for!
You’re watching for!
Pardon me, if for awhile, I stop watching for you.
I have a little rearranging to do
To make myself presentable when you come.
I have a little rearranging to do
To make myself presentable when you come.
-Valerie Hansen
Comments