Following a very, very busy and complete day of healing and teaching the people, we learn the following of Jesus:
And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out,
and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
Mark 1:35
Cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.
D&C 88:124.
"I have learned that the best time to wrestle with major problems is early in the morning. Our
minds are then fresh and alert. The blackboards of our minds have been erased by a good night’s sleep. The accumulated distractions of the day are not in our way. Our bodies have been rested also. That is the time to think something through carefully and to receive personal revelation…. When I’m under pressure, you won’t find my burning the midnight oil. I’d much rather be in bed early and getting up in the wee hours of the morning, when I can be close to Him who guides this work. " --Boyd K. Packer, Teach Ye Diligently, 204-5

Comments