Ideas for Shelf Stable Food Storage


1. shelf stable - http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/recipes/shelf-stable-recipes/ 
same as above but in one download - http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/2011/04/25/surprise-3-shelf-stable-cookbook/
2. food storage recipes - some could be made shelf stable - others might need a little freezer space - http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/recipes/
3. I liked the index card system (the recipe showing what you need to make 1 and what you need to make multiples)  and soup or cookies in a jar from this slide show - she also has some inventory/rotating ideas - http://www.slideshare.net/happyinreno/recipe-planning-using-your-food-storage
4. jar recipes (I also have a book for these - many of them call for fresh ingredients to addhttp://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/christmas/gifts/soup-mixes.htm

4. books that might be helpful - maybe we could find enough  recipes we like to make a palatable 3 month supply.
http://dinnerisinthejar.com/ - uses a mason jar, or mylar bag.  I wonder if my vacuum sealer would work.
http://deseretbook.com/Its-Bag-New-Approach-Food-Storage-Michelle-Snow/i/5048661

Idea:  Gather an interested group of women together who agreed to make one recipe -  they thought their family might like, but bring it to a meeting where we could all sample.  So say, we had 10 women, we would be able to try 10 recipes at once and know if they were keepers for our family or not. (better than trying them all out yourself)  I think these 3 books would be great resources - in fact the 100 day pantry book - shows lots of the recipes if you look at amazon in the 'quick look inside'.  (In fact you can look at all 3 books that way).  I think the 100 day pantry book had some realistic recipes (uses lots of canned food)... Dinners in a Jar uses lots of dehydrated or freeze dried things, and It's in the bag had some unique recipes... see the quick look... i.e., raisons in a chicken dish -- hmmm.  I bet they all have their highs and lows.

5.  http://eatingfoodstoragerecipes.blogspot.com/ - other recipes I didn't look at too carefully.

Comments