The following is an excerpt from an interview by host Sheri Dew with Sister Elaine S. Dalton, general president of the Young Women organization of the Church. She is joined by her husband, Stephen E. Dalton:
Sis. Dalton:
Sis. Dalton:
I was running with my husband, not so long ago, and we were running up a hill he's a much better runner than I am and I was dropping quickly behind and I'm a little competitive so I wasn't too happy about the fact that I was getting so far behind and so I yelled ahead and said to Steve "I think I'll turn around and go back to the car!" And he turned around and ran back to me and said "Oh Elaine, don't you know you never make a decision to stop when you are in a middle of a hill!" And that taught me a great lesson! And we kept going and he stayed by my side and when we got to the top of the hill the view was well worth it. Of course then there is the downhill, but that was a profound lesson for me, you don't turn around in the middle of a hill, that's not when you make your decision.
Bro Dalton:
You don't even make decisions when you are on the uphill, because it's not a place for clear thinking and you may be stressed in a manner of which would keep you from making the proper decision. And there is of course, great parallels in life that when you are under stress you postpone those critical important decisions.

Comments