Dehydrator - haven't researched which one yet...
Wonder Box Oven - got to make one of these!
Whirley Pop Stainless Steel Popcorn popper. (note: looks like the latest model isn't getting great reviews - cheaply made in China. Try Back to BAsics model) I always think of popcorn in my foodstorage - but how would you cook it in a power outage? This might be great!! We love popcorn and it is nutritious. One of these shouldn't be too expensive and can be made on a rocket stove I would imagine (course it would ruin your pan with soot probably!) Less than $22 - what great wedding gift as well...
Solar Oven - ldsprepper (see youtube) prefers: Yes. I prefer the SOS solar oven because it won't burn food (unless you use the reflectors, which I only use in winter time when there isn't much sun). The SOS costs over $100 less then the Global Sun Oven. The SOS is lighter, so it is easier to move. It is wider so we can cook more in it at one time. I feel it is better insulated, so it holds heat longer. Check the link in the description box for more info.http://www.solarovens.org/
Sun Oven - Pretty pricey for a emergency item. If I thought I'd use it often it would be great but I am not that organized (yet). So, this would be low on the list, but still would be wise for emergency preparedness.
Grover Rocket Stove - about $135 - or make your own... I think I have links to sites under Emerg. Prep.
This is the Food Pantrie hanging dehydrator and sprouter for about $58 on Amazon. I think it is a great idea - specially since it doesn't use electricity. Good for drying sprouted grains for bread - which might be nice for food storage - change of pace. Apparantly, the design is poor - the whole thing colapses easy - trays collapse, wind knocks them over etc. But - window screens would work in a pinch. I just like the bug screen too!







Comments