from :donkey32.probaords.com - where they have a great discussion going on about rocket stoves. I asked for recommendations for a simple emergency stove and this was the reply I received:
Some comments have recommended vermiculite over perlite even though it is more expensive. It is lighter and might insulate better.
Here are a few instructional videos:
This first one is awesome, but you would have to have some serious welding/cutting skills. It would be as heavy duty as the ones you buy I think. I like the removable leg idea.
Here is another version - if free parts aren't available. This is likely much lighter weight - would it last?
Something like what I was thinking... be sure to see notes below:
galvanized pipe gives off poison fumes at first. Be sure to burn off without being near it - or better yet, use steel or black stove pipe.
Also - t joints rather than elbow might work better.
There was also some discussion that a place for the ash to drop to would be better and not tend to put out the flame -- that was the first I have heard about this problem or design.
#10 cans - LDS prepper has done a series of videos HERE
| ||||
Some comments have recommended vermiculite over perlite even though it is more expensive. It is lighter and might insulate better.
Here are a few instructional videos:
This first one is awesome, but you would have to have some serious welding/cutting skills. It would be as heavy duty as the ones you buy I think. I like the removable leg idea.
Here is another version - if free parts aren't available. This is likely much lighter weight - would it last?
Something like what I was thinking... be sure to see notes below:
galvanized pipe gives off poison fumes at first. Be sure to burn off without being near it - or better yet, use steel or black stove pipe.
Also - t joints rather than elbow might work better.
There was also some discussion that a place for the ash to drop to would be better and not tend to put out the flame -- that was the first I have heard about this problem or design.
#10 cans - LDS prepper has done a series of videos HERE
Comments