" It has been such an amazing experience to try to be
worthy of the Holy Ghost in every moment as a missionary. It really is
tricky sometimes to understand the promptings, you know? Especially when
it doesn't make sense in your head what the spirit is saying to do. But
in the MTC they showed us a talk given by Elder Bednar that really
changed my life. He says that the question he gets asked the most by
members all around the world is just that. "How do I know if it is the
Holy Ghost giving me a prompting or if it's just me?" This was his
answer: "DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. JUST FOLLOW THE PROMPTINGS." He said, "Be
a good boy, keep the commandments, honor your covenants, and the
thoughts you have will be from the spirit." And oh boy, is it true. On
my mission, I can't count
the times that the spirit has guided me (very faintly I might add...in
the form of just a fleeting thought) but it is the will of the Lord.
That is how we found Manuel, Emmanuel, Eli and Reina, and SO MANY OTHER
PEOPLE. I literally have had the thought: far building, right side,
right hand bottom door. We knocked, and we met this guy who has 2 best
friends who are missionaries in the Phillipines. We taught him.
Literally so many times the spirit has guided me through my mind! Just
the smallest thoughts too but they are from the Lord! Especially in
lessons too...the words to say will just come to mind. The scripture to
share will just pop out of nowhere, usually something I had heard or
read recently and the Lord knows what these people need! It's amazing ot
see the hand of the Lord work when we are worthy. When I don't have the
spirit with me because I was slackin on obedience or chose to have a
terrible attitude, it doesn't work."
Impressions from the field : Elder E Johnson
Impressions from the field : Elder E Johnson
Comments