Personal Note: A beautiful, heartrenching story of one women's path away and back to the gospel. Satan will use whatever tactic he can to make us turn away. For her, as it is for many, it was the quest for perfection - and honestly, she seems to have been doing a great job. Giving, and serving, and doing it all right. But, through all of that, she became dependent on herself. She couldnt' overcome her sins on her own. And she crashed. Her story is honest, and real. We forget why we need the gospel, and attendance at His meetings each week. We get wrapped up in the perfection of our lessons, in our service, in our associations...and therefore in our own strength. We forget how much we need Him. My favorite quote was her ending summary:
Ultimately, I left the Church because I thought I wasn't good enough. What I didn't know was, I wasn't there because I was a leader or an inspiration. I wasn't there just so that others could learn from me. I wasn't there to share my vast knowledge and insight. I wasn't there because I was perfect.
I was there because I wasn't.
And I was there because, through Him, I still could be.

Comments