Instagram Post by Emily Belle Freeman | November 18, 2019
Every
single morning when my dreams end and the day begins...just at the moment when
my eyes open to see the sun streaming through the windows I hear the familiar
whisper, “run!” I have felt it since January, my Spirit challenging my body to
keep up. This is a race, and I must have
registered and received a number, and I’m doing my best to follow the course. .
.
I
hear the questioning of those running beside me. “What if I can’t keep up?” And
I know exactly what they are talking about. And I wonder the same thing until I
turn to the words of Paul in Hebrews. “Look
to Him” he tells us, “the author and the finisher of our race.” It is the
word finisher that captures my attention. .
.
If
I don’t get it all in, if I miss a day, if I just have to do what I can when I
can it’s ok. He is going to finish for
me whatever I don’t get to. .
.
I
let it settle in slow...He didn’t ask me
to finish. He asked me to run. .
.
So
in the moments when I’m not sure how many more times I can put one foot in
front of the other, when I wonder if I will be able to pick myself up the next
time I fall, When a detour takes me off course, I’m just going to look to Him.
.
.
The
Finisher. .
.
Because
He is going to make every single step I take worth something. And whatever I am lacking at the end of this
race, He is going to finish. .
.
The
same is true for you. He knows all we can do is our best. So we engage where we can, we give a few
minutes here and a few minutes there, we follow the course set before us in the
best way we know how...we run. Holding on to the truth that the one who
authors the course will carry us over the finish line. .
.
in
the moments when we feel we are falling short, Paul simply reminds us to
consider Him. .
.
The
Finisher. .
.
I
can hear Pauls words of encouragement, Just run the race set before you at the
pace you can.
You’ve
got this. .He will make certain of that.
Emily
Belle Freeman

Comments