Blessings of Covenant Isreal



Blessings of Covenant Isreal

What have I learned this year as a result of President's Nelson counsel to have us study the promises to covenant Israel?  

He was there, is there, and will be there...it is his promise to us.

A few other thoughts from fellow studiers at Instagram | Inklings Institute:

There are so many. But what strikes me most of all is something I learned from Jewish culture. When the bridegroom would offer himself to the bride, he negotiated the bride price and she partook of the wine (which was a sign of her entering into this sacred covenant with him and that she was willing to take his name.) He then presented her with a ketubah. The ketubah listed the promises he was making to her. Because he would then leave (usually for about a year before he could claim his bride), she had something to remind her that he would keep his promises and return to claim her. She cherished those words, especially when his coming drew near. She relied on those promises and kept them close to her heart. As the Church of Christ, we are the Bride, and He, the Bridegroom. President Nelson asked us to list the promises of Covenant Israel, and my list has become a ketubah for me. I feel like President Nelson has asked us to create our own “ketubah” to cherish and remember the promises as we await the return of the Bridegroom. -- @stephaniefrancom -- March 4, 2021  | Inklings Institute Instagram

It’s amazing how every base is covered, every need accounted for—when I have needed my wounds mended, ‘I will heal thee’; when I need strength and support, ‘I will be on your right hand & on your left...my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you to bear you up’; and when I am searching for answers, light and knowledge, ‘Ye may be able to comprehend the breadth & length & depth & height.’ No matter how many different situations arise to test me, there is now an answering echo of blessings that are there alongside the struggle. He is always there for me. He will not leave me. He wants only to bless me. And it feels like He has been writing this in our hearts this whole time. Blessed. Beloved. His.

-- @somuchforscuppernong's  -- March 4, 2021 | Inklings Institute Instagram

  •  ‘I will lead you along’ (D&C 78:18) 
  • ‘There I will be also; I will go before your face, I will be on your right hand and on your left’ (D&C 84:88) 
  • My kindness shall not depart from thee. I will be with Thee.
  •  My angels round about you

Link:  A list of promises gathered in our studies this year


Order Artwork:  Eva Timothy

Comments