Source: Follow Him Podcast with Dr. Barbara Gardner (part 2) | April 19-25, 2021 | Episode 17
John Bytheway: 15:09
A great contribution that Sister Sherry Dew made was that questions are good, and she started that talk up at Rick's about "Have you engaged in the wrestle?" And then, oh heck, bring all your questions. Absolutely. Bring all your questions and wrestle with them. Now, we don't say in the gospel, "Don't have questions." We say, "Ask." And here's the Lord saying, "If you ask, you'll receive." That's pretty straightforward. I wish the timing were on my terms sometimes.
Dr. Barbara Gardner...: 15:38
Definitely. And I think that's important especially in our day and age. We have a lot of young adults who sometimes, I think, that they think or not just them, many people, many of us may think that if we ask too many questions at some point, we might find that the church isn't true. Nothing could be more opposite than that. The problem is when we don't ask enough questions, when we stop too early from finding the answers. In my entire life, I have never yet, and I have asked many, many questions.
In fact, I have a book where I keep my questions, and I just keep adding and adding legitimately do. And most of my research that I do comes because of my questions. I want to find answers, and I have yet to find something that if I studied it all the way through that has in any way, shape or form caused me to have any desire to leave the church, there are times when I've asked a question, and I haven't gone far enough. And I've thought, "What in the world am I believing?" But if I keep going, the Lord satisfies the question with a very solid answer even if it's the spirit confirming to me that I don't understand, but it's still true. The Lord will confirm through revelation. We can't be afraid to ask questions as members of the church.
Comments