The power of daily scripture study




I was often inspired by this women's comments...and here is what she has to say about them...

Book of Mormon 365 | @sherrysworth

I am often astonished at how quickly the people of the Book of Mormon forget or dismiss the signs they have seen. I can't imagine that being me but then I think about some modern day events. "Oliver Cowdery saw many signs. He handled the sacred plates; saw John the Baptist; received the higher priesthood from Peter, James, and John, and was the recipient of many great miracles, and yet they could not hold him to the faith.'" (Spencer W. Kimball, The Lord's Way) I also think back to 9/11/2001. Our country turned to God like never before. There was a unity and a patriotism not seen since the last world war but what of that sentiment now? We too quickly forget. So it seems that signs do not create faith. They will only strengthen the already faithful or create faith in those who are receptive to the spirit! 

This year has been an especially faith filled, spirit filled year for me. I receive promptings and inspirations like I never have before, in all aspects of my life. I have many missionary moments. I ask myself why? What is different about this year? My promise to comment every day on this IG account required me to read my scriptures, night and day, ponder over the question, study it out in my mind and pray for guidance and inspiration to share something worth reading. Every day I consciously look for what He is going to teach me today. I now journal every day these inspirational moments and shares, both mine and those that you, my BofM family, have taught me. I share these inspired moments with my YW in lessons and with my family via our weekly family letter.


I have always strived to never distance myself from my Father in Heaven but this year has taught me how to be close to Him. Thank you @bofm365 for being the catalyst for change in my life. This new pattern of remembering, documenting and looking for and recognizing His love and guiding hand in my every day has been life changing for me.

Comments