Covenant Promises - in song (Hillary Weeks)

 




 


 Excerpts from Hillary Weeks Blog

February 18, 2021.

It was just over a month ago – I was on my way to meet a couple of friends for lunch.  I received a call from my friend, Emily Freeman.  She asked if I would write a song about promises God has given to covenant Israel.....

"As you study your scriptures during the next six months, I encourage you to make a list of all that the Lord has promised He will do for covenant Israel.”  ~President Russell M. Nelson, October 2020 General Conference

Emily emailed me a 3-page list of the promises she had found while studying the scriptures.  One of the many things I love about Emily is she takes invitations from the prophet very seriously.  She does what He asks.  And…she invites others to join her on the journey.  

As I poured over the promises, I felt loved and seen by Heavenly Father.  My soul filled with gratitude and renewed strength.  I felt my faith being elevated as if it was riding in the basket of a hot air balloon.  I’m so grateful Emily asked me to write “His Promises” and for prophetic invitations.

The promises are real – they are sure.

God keeps His promises.  I believe that.

Link to sheet music

Link to lyrics and scripture references




Comments