She quits


 

I loved the last newsletter I received from life coach, Jody Moore.  She said:

That’s it.
I’m done.
I’m quitting complaining about the weather.
I’ve been doing it off an on for about 5 years now and I’ve gotten really good at it, but do you know what that’s done?
It hasn’t improved the weather any.
It hasn’t made me happier.
It has only made me cold on the cold days, hot on the hot days AND miserable emotionally from the negativity.
I’m sick and tired of talking about it.
I’m sick of thinking about it.
I’m done.
This might seem like a small thing but it’s not.
I promise.
I know because I’ve quit a lot of other things in the past.
I quit complaining about my body.
I quit watching the news.
I quit having an opinion about covid related topics.
I quit thinking my loved ones should be different.
I even quit judging myself (Well…mostly. I haven’t completely mastered this one yet).
Every time I quit one of these things my life got better.
Want to quit something with me?
Join me at Try Out Coaching.
I’ll show you how.
REGISTER HERE

Is it that simple?  Just quit the negative talk inside - the negative comments we share with others?  As Elder Uchtdorf said just "stop it".  

I think I'll give it a try....there a quite a few things I need to quit as well :)

Comments