Wait for it...



This isn't my story -- it's her's.  But I wish I had lived this way more often....knowing that even in the midst of trial the blessing will come, maybe even because of the trial.  Waiting for it, expecting it, anticipating it.... leaving behind the "why me's" and knowing that all is in His Hands. (The comments at end were good as well!)

Instagram@EmilyBelleFreeman
 כנרת Sea of Galilee

I could ask why.
.
I could try to rethink every minute and decision that led to sliding down that dirt path on the road to Jericho and ended in an emergency room on day one of tour two.
.
I could.
.
But I learned long ago that sometimes God allows the hard to come even in the midst of doing good.
.
I know there will be lessons along the way. I already know to be looking.
.
This morning I tried to make my way back to the bus on a flimsy set of crutches after our early morning boat ride on the Sea of Galilee.
.
Three quarters of the way up the ramp the hand blisters started to form. I knew they would come. I have walked with crutches before.
.
But after 24 long hours, that was the moment the frustration finally set in.
.
I couldn’t keep up with the group and it was only day two.
.
Greg left me to go look for a rescue, and I couldn’t stop those hot tears from falling down my cheeks. But I wiped them off and prayed to God for a miracle. Any miracle. I’m in the holy land…I’ll take whatever He sends me.
.
Then I moved over to the side of the ramp to let another tour pass by, doing my best to stay out of the way.
.
The last two men in the group stopped as they walked past, pointed at my foot, and asked if it was broken.
.
I nodded my head with a frustrated grin.
.
“Has anyone blessed you yet?” One of them asked, “could I?”
.
I learned long ago never to turn down a blessing, so I nodded my head and he asked for my name.
.
Then he rested his hand on my shoulder and prayed a simple prayer in the name of Jesus.
.
I made a commitment just then to never pass by a downtrodden soul again. Even strangers.
.
And also, to memorize that question. “Has anyone blessed you yet, could I?”
.
This is the land where Capernaum lies. The village of comfort. These are the hills Jesus walked to minister and heal and lift.
.
I wonder how many times He asked that same question on these roads…
.
Has anyone blessed you yet?
.
Could I?
.
Today has been filled with Gods fingerprints.
.
Wheelchair deliveries on the Mount of beatitudes.
.
Knee scooter drop offs on the road next to the flower shop.
.
So many blessings.
.
I could ask why.
.
Or I could live blessed.
@Sunnymahe
This reminds me of that scene in The Chosen with Little James when he is asking why Jesus has not healed him and Jesus answered, “because I trust you.”  “There are dozens who can tell {the story of miraculous healing}, but think of the story YOU have…to know how to proclaim that you still praise God in spite of this. To know how to focus on all that matters so much more than the body. To show people that you can be patient with your suffering here on earth because you know you will spend eternity with no suffering. Not everyone can understand that. How many people do you think the Father and I trust this with?”


Comments