The Light of the World - In Times Square


Dec 3, 2023

A couple of days ago, the church presented this beautiful campaign for Light the World on 24 screens across Times Square.   

The beauty and symbolism in small things was stunning.   Everything started from darkness.  The images were all from small lights - like stars -- He truly Lights the World!

I loved a couple of the comments:

@devinsupertramp  | I'll never forget the beatbox dancers performing here at Time Square during this. The moment it went dark they looked up at the screens, stopping the music, and dancing, with one of them saying, "we need to stop for Jesus".  A solid reminder of Christmas, with all the hustle, that we all need to stop for a moment, and remember the true meaning of the season, to "stop for Jesus", and breath. Forever grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. For the birth and resurrection of the Savior of the world.

@KlaneHarding | I’ve been through Times Square literally thousands of times and it has never felt like that before. It was reverent. People stopped walking and looked up, performers turned off their music. It only lasted a few moments, but it was so special.

@cherisespencer  |  This gave me chills.  I watch or read the news and I get so sad and then I see what the church can do to bring the savior into others lives and I remember... its going to be ok, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ got this!

@benm6720  |  Almost dropped to my knees at the majesty of the galaxies paying homage to the Redeemer of mankind...words betray me!

Comments