After the big London fire in 1666, the great English architect, Sir Christopher Wren, volunteered his services to plan and superintend the building of one of the world's greatest cathedrals. Unknown, to most of the workmen, he passed among them often, watching the construction.
To three stonecutters one day he put the same question, "What are you doing?" One of them answered, "I am cutting this stone." Another answered, "I am earning my three shillings per day." But the third stood up, squared his shoulders and proudly said, "I am helping Sir Christopher Wren build this magnificent cathedral."
I would ask each of you: "What are you doing?" I hope each of you would respond with the heart of the third stone cutter by stating: "I am here building the kingdom of God."
Why do I pray every day - I'm working on aligning my will with His
Why do I serve hours in my calling - I'm helping bring others to Christ
Why do I set up chairs before church - I'm preparing the seats for souls to come and partake of the sacred ordinance of the sacrament
Why do I study the scriptures - I'm searching for ways I can draw closer to Christ
Why do I make the effort to..... - I'm .....
Comments