ROOTS (hebrew - sheresh): Deep
"Is my testimony based on what I hope will happen in my life....or is it firmly founded on Jesus Christ?" -DFU
I am firmly rooted in my testimony of Jesus Christ. I nourish my roots daily. I can withstand challengees becasue my faith is deeply rooted
Maybe faith IS the shelf
These invitations (from EBF) would be great journal/life history questions
Invitation #1: Think of a time when my faith wasn’t strong enough, how did I respond? And what did I learn?
Invitation #2: What are my unanswered questions right now? How am I including Jesus Christ in my searching, in holding the space for these questions?
Invitation #3: Search “Faith” the Bible Dictionary, read it in its entirety, underlining everything I find that deepens my understanding of faith because of what it does.
Invitation #4: Referencing Alma 30:22 Ponder and reflect on times when faith has led me to rejoice!
Faith is believing in the things you don't have answer for" -- Emily Belle Freeman. She talked about how people have questions and for a time - "put it on the shelf' ....maybe the shelf is faith.
What if instead of talking about a figurative shelf, we instead talk about placing our unanswered questions on the altar, who IS Jesus Christ? In the temple we are asked to consecrate so many things to building up God’s church on earth. What if we have faith enough to recognize that unanswered questions can be blessings in our lives that allow us to grow in the precise ways we are meant to be nurtured by a loving Heavenly Father? What if we have enough faith to consecrate these unanswered questions on the altar? If we live with faith, it is not a shelf we place it on. Faith allows us to place our questions on Jesus Christ Himself. --@abott.diana
Sometimes I feel like Faith is that "space" that is created when we have questions and no instant answers, or when we ask for a specific blessing and the blessing doesn't come, or when we get sick and we want to be healed and that doesn't happened. Faith is also still hoping for Him to show up, somewhere, somehow... is trusting He will. Faith is believing in His wisdom, that He knows better and He loves me forever. Its not always easy to have Faith. I want to have faith and trust even when I doubt. Sometimes my prayers sound like: I want to trust you Jesus! I want to really trust you, but I am scared... Help me overcome my fear and help my faith grow! Sometimes we can have two feelings at the same time, but we need to let trust prevail, and that's how Faith grows! @joanyhawkes
Comments