Inklings - Oct 2024 - Lesson 01 -Pres Nelson - The Lord Will Come Again

 Pres Nelson - The Lord Will Come Again
Inklings - Oct 2024 - Lesson 01
D&C 88: 73-126 (teaches what we need to do to prepare)
CALLED (Greek =  kletos):  invited, appointed | (Heb = quara): the giving of a name - think temple
CHOSEN (Greek = eklectos):  favorite, elect | (Heb = bahkir):  elected, handpicked
FAITHFUL (Greek = pistos):  trustowrthy, sure | (Heb=emet):  reliable, sure, trained, master workman

"My dear brothers and sisters, in a coming day, Jesus Christ will return to the earth as the millennial Messiah"
SPRINKLES:  Daily AM:  To whom or what will I give my life today
Daily PM:  To whom or what did I give my life today?
Don't redshirt - be in the game! Be better everyday.  Do the fundamentals over and over -- this is what helps!

Invitations

  • I urge you to study their messages (gen conf)
  • Now is the time to prepare for the 2nd coming
  • Now is the time to make discipleship top priority
  • Regular worship in the temple will help us.   
  • We each must answer this question:  To whom or what will I give my life?
  • I urge you to devote time each week to increase your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus
  • Today, I call upon you to rededicate your life to Jesus
  • I call upon you to talk, testify, and rejoice in Christ
  • Come unto Christ and offer your whole soul to Him
Promises/Blessings
  • Every sincere seeker of Jesus will find him in the temple
  • Please listen to this promise:  I will be on your right and on your left, adn my Sp;irit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."
  • Never too early or too late to become a devout follower
  • If you will make and keep covenatns to follow Jesus Christ, you will find that the painful moments of your life are temporary.  Your afflications will be swallowed up in the joy of Christ.
  • The best is yet to come, my dear brothers and sisters, becasue the SAvior is coming again!
  • The best is yet to come as we fully turn our hearts and our lives to Jesus Christ

There has been NO RELAXING OF STANDARDS -- FSOY, Come Follow Me, Garments, Ministering.  This is not a pass to do less, or live less -- it is a call to choose to live higher & holier.  But as we do, we accept others as they are.  It is not our job to judge, or even to teach.  It is our job to be a loving example.  Let the Spirit teach
Make the choice of discipleship daily in prayers -- Weekly at Sacrament
The Prophet told us how to prepare for the 2nd coming.  D&C 88.  Seek the Lord early -- before you need him, early in the day, early in your life,  
D&C 88: 123-126 - good goals for the years.  Do's and Don'ts.

Comments